1) The coffee, once graded and passed through Quality Control, is milled following a set of quality standards and parameters that are applied to all Caravela Coffees.
2) Beans are then transported to decaffeination plant (90 minutes).
3) The coffee beans are steamed to open its pores (30-40 minutes).
4) Beans are rinsed for 10hrs in Ethyl Acetate (EA) a natural compound derived from non-GMO Colombian Sugarcane and Mountain Water.
5) Beans are steamed again to remove any EA residues.
6) Coffee beans are dried using hot air to reduce moisture below 12%.
7) At this stage, 97% of the caffeine has been removed.
8) Final Quality Control Standards are assessed (Water Activity, Moisture Content & Cupping).